Transform Your Space: 10 Stunning Big Wall Artwork Ideas for Every Style
April 25, 20234 min read
Transform your space and make a bold statement with these 10 stunning Big Wall Artwork ideas for every style. Large-scale art can elevate any room, adding visual interest and creating a focal point. Explore unique and stylish ways to fill your walls and make your home truly stand out.
Consider Your Style and Space
Before diving into the world of large wall art, consider your personal style and the characteristics of the space you're decorating. Take note of the room's size, color scheme, and existing décor to ensure your chosen artwork complements and enhances the overall design.
Artwork Ideas for Every Style
Oversized Canvas Art: A single oversized canvas piece can make a dramatic statement. Opt for Gold and Black Art Introduce an air of sophistication and elegance with gold and black art. This color combination creates a striking contrast, drawing attention and adding a touch of luxury to your room.
Wall Murals: Transform an entire wall with a custom or pre-designed mural. Wall murals can range from intricate landscapes to simple geometric patterns, allowing you to find the perfect design for your room.
Gallery Walls: Create a cohesive gallery wall by curating a collection of art pieces in various sizes, styles, and colors. Arrange the pieces in a symmetrical or asymmetrical layout for added visual interest.
Sculptural Wall Art: Add dimension and texture with sculptural wall art. Choose from materials like metal, wood, or ceramic to introduce a unique and eye-catching element to your space.
Tapestry Art Tapestries: bring warmth and a sense of history to any room. Select a design that reflects your personal style, and hang it as a statement piece or layer it with other wall art for a more eclectic feel.
How to Choose and Style Big Wall Art for Maximum Impact
Fill Large Wall Spaces With Art That Makes a Statement
5. Framed Maps: Framed maps provide a sophisticated touch and can spark conversation. Opt for a vintage map of your favorite city or a modern, minimalist design to suit your space.
6. Geometric Art: Incorporate bold shapes and patterns with geometric art. Choose pieces with clean lines and sharp angles to create a striking, contemporary look.
7. Typography Art: Express yourself with typography art, featuring meaningful quotes or phrases. Opt for a large, bold statement piece or a series of smaller prints to fill your wall.
Evolve your Space with Big Wall Artwork
8. Abstract Art: Abstract art adds visual interest and allows for individual interpretation.
9. Choose a large-scale piece: With intriguing shapes and colors that complement your room's design, or opt for a more subtle piece to add depth and intrigue.
10. Photography Prints Capture the beauty of the world with large photography prints. Whether you prefer stunning landscapes, architectural wonders, or candid moments, photography can create a powerful visual impact in any space.
11. Animal Wall Art Celebrate the beauty and diversity of the animal kingdom with striking animal wall art. Choose from realistic portrayals, abstract interpretations, or whimsical illustrations to showcase your love for wildlife and add a touch of nature to your space.
Big wall artwork can make a dramatic difference in any room, providing an opportunity to express your personal style and make a statement. With these 10 stunning ideas, you can transform your space and create a unique and inviting atmosphere. Whether you prefer bold, abstract pieces or sophisticated, understated designs, there's a perfect large wall art option to suit your taste and elevate your home's décor.
How to Choose and Style Big Wall Art for Maximum Impact
Big wall art can be a game-changer in your interior design, making a statement and setting the tone for the entire space. In this guide, we'll explore how to choose the right size, hang, and style large wall art for maximum impact.
Choosing the Right Wall Art Size When it comes to wall art, bigger isn't always better. Consider the size of your room and the wall space available to determine the optimal art size. A good rule of thumb is to select artwork that fills two-thirds to three-fourths of the available wall space.
Creating Balance with Big Wall Art Large wall art can be used to create balance and harmony in your space. It can either serve as a focal point, drawing the eye and anchoring the room, or it can be used to complement existing design elements and create visual interest.
How to Hang and Style Large Wall Art
Correct wall art placement: Hang the center of the artwork at eye level (approximately 57-60 inches from the floor). This ensures the piece is easily viewable and appreciated.
Proportions and scale: Ensure your wall art is proportionate to the furniture and other elements in the room. As a guideline, the artwork should not exceed the width of the furniture beneath it.
Framing and matting: For large wall art, consider adding a frame or matting to enhance its visual presence. A simple frame can help ground the piece, while matting adds depth and dimension.
Top Five Tips for Styling Large Wall Art
Choose bold, statement-making pieces: Big wall art should have a strong presence and evoke emotions. Select pieces that align with your personal style and make a statement.
Use color wisely: Select wall art that complements the room's color palette, or use the artwork to introduce a new accent color.
Create a gallery wall: If one large piece isn't enough, consider creating a gallery wall with multiple large artworks for added visual interest.
Layer and accessorize: Use other design elements such as shelves, lighting, and plants to enhance and draw attention to your wall art.
Consider the room's purpose: Choose wall art that suits the room's function, whether it's a calming piece for the bedroom or an energizing piece for the living room.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
20% OFF your first order when you become a member.